Life...&...Failure

Living life in my own way...
A "Way" that leads to success and to failure.
But "FAILURE IS NEVER AN OPTION".

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rembering The German anti-Nazi activist, Pastor Martin Niemöller

The famous poem that is still remembered to deal with the inner hypocrisy, was a masterpiece in itself.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me -
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

It just makes me feel how right this piece of text speaks out to the inner dilemma that one faces before he comes out or denounces something. It is rather a call that asks people to take a stand on matters that are important and relevant. In some rather metaphorical manner it asks or rather provokes to take some side, political or otherwise. You may often feel safe and hearty when you remain neutral, away from the rudeness and sometimes the finesse of the intricate and complex arguments that are disposed off in front of the society from time to time.


But more than anything this piece of poetry moves to unimaginable extents.


No comments:

Post a Comment